Are you entrepreneurially minded and eager to work in a high-tech company? We are looking for a full-time Business Controller with a strong financial background, who can play a pivotal role in the growth of the company. You direct and manage a wide range of financial, legal and HR processes. For this you work with the management team, the administrator, our HR department, our sales and development teams and external advisors in our Amsterdam, Ireland and US offices.
- Manage and execute various aspects of the financial and legal administration;
- Direct and manage the staff team, functioning as a liaison between finance, HR, operations management and purchasing;
- Standardize, coordinate & deliver periodic internal and external financial and business reporting;
- Coordinate year-end closing activities amongst the different entities together with the local accountants;
- Ensure compliance on intercompany agreements between the different company entities;
- Identify and request relevant subsidies and grants, and coordinate correct administration hereof;
- Propose and coordinate improvements to streamline business processes;
- Implement a project administration system within the company.
Skills & competences:
- Relevant education at BSc or MSc level;
- Minimal 4 years’ work experience in a finance or controlling function;
- Broad financial, administrative, and legal knowledge;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Team player;
- Experience with bookkeeping or ERP software, such as ExactOnline;
- Excellent English & Dutch communication and presentation skills;
- Affinity with technology and innovation;
- Pro-active & hands-on person with entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills, potential to grow to CFO role.
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 50 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.