Field Application Manager
LIFE SCIENCE PRODUCTS
Do you have the ambition to build a first-class customer support group? Do you have affinity with life science and technology? Are you looking for both a commercial and a technical challenge? Look no further!
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer-oriented Field Application Manager to join Optics11 Life’s expanding US Team to help the Sales Team demonstrate the technology and ensure the success and satisfaction of our US customers. who are changing the world of medical treatment. You will work closely with dynamic and cross-functional teams (product management and sales/marketing), as well as a defined customer base, on ground-breaking life science applications.
Optics11 Life is a life science instrumentation company that is addressing an exciting new market opportunity. With its unique optical fiber sensing based measurement instruments, it is providing enabling technology for emerging processes that will revolutionize medical treatment. These new processes concern improved drug development processes and new regenerative therapies, all based on the possibilities offered by 3D cell culture such as Organ-on-a-chip and organoids.
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. After this product, many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. Over the last years the company has grown rapidly and employs over 50 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.
Key activities of a Field Application Manager:
- Manage inventory and maintain the working operation of in-house systems
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales Team to provide technical expertise, instrument demonstrations and customer training (onsite and remote)
- Attend and positively represent Optics11 Life at trade shows, seminars, user meetings and other customer events
- First line of Customer Post-Sale Support – respond to requests promptly, own the problem and the solution
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (Science)
- Team player
- Strong English writing and speaking skills
- Sensitive and diplomatic handling of customer requests
- General IT competence
- Customer facing skills
- Commercial/business understanding
- Structured and organised way of working
- Willingness to travel in the United States (minimum 30%)
- The candidate must be currently located in the United States
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Sales or customer care experience is a plus
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Optics11 and to develop your technical and customer-facing skills
- Being part of a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team with opportunities for promotion
- Work in a challenging international environment.
Optics11 Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Optics11 Life does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information look at www.optics11life.com
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 70 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.
What we offer:
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
How to apply?
To apply, please send in both your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.