Are you entrepreneurially minded and eager to work in a high-tech company? We are looking for a full-time Financial Officer with a strong financial background, who wants to play a role in the growth of the company. For this you work with the management team, the administrator, our HR department, our sales and development teams and external advisors in our Amsterdam, Ireland and US offices.
- Manage and execute various aspects of the financial administration;
- Standardize, coordinate & deliver periodic internal and external financial and business reporting;
- Coordinate year-end closing activities amongst the different entities together with the local accountants;
- Ensure compliance on intercompany agreements between the different company entities;
- Identify and request relevant subsidies and grants, and coordinate correct administration hereof;
- Propose and coordinate improvements to streamline business processes, e.g. centralising purchasing activities within the company and operations management activities;
- Implement a project administration system within the company;
- Improve internal collaboration between the different disciplines within the staff team.
Skills & competences:
- Relevant education at BSc or MSc level;
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a finance function;
- Excellent English & Dutch communication and presentation skills;
- Experience with bookkeeping or ERP software, such as ExactOnline;
- Affinity with technology and innovation;
- Pro-active & hands-on person with leadership skills.
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 65 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.
What we offer:
We offer you a unique position within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues.
As this is a new position within Optics11 you will have a chance to make this position your own and add your personal touch to the role. Of course, you are not in this by yourself. Currently our CEO is performing these tasks and we will be sure that all duties will be handed over in a proper onboarding process.
We have competitive primary and secondary working conditions and there is an informal work environment and a good potential to grow into the CFO role in the organization.
How to apply?
To apply, please send in both your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.