HI-TECH PRODUCTION ENGINEER
LIFE SCIENCE PRODUCTS
Do you want to be part of a dynamic fast developing company, where you will be working on manufacturing high tech measurement systems for our Life Science department?
About the position:
This is a position in which you will need a broad skill set on a daily basis.
The hi-tech products we produce are developed and for the biggest part manufactured in house.
This means that production is low volume, and you will be responsible for production from start to finish.
You will be assembling the mechanical parts and electronics, and do mechanical and electronic calibration.
In addition to this, you will also do testing on all sub and complete systems, as well as upgrades and repairs.
this is not a high volume repetitive job, but a job where you and your colleges are responsible for the whole production and testing process from parts delivery to shipping.
R&D and production are interacting closely to improve our products and build prototypes and null series.
Our products are constantly being developed, and our product portfolio is expanding constantly, so this keeps the job interesting.
The ideal candidate:
• Has an MBO or BSc degree in electronics or related, or has relevant work experience in this direction;
• Has very good SMD soldering skills and can work with small mechanical parts;
• Has good understanding of electronic circuitry and is able to read electronic schematics;
• Has experience with measuring equipment (e.g. multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator);
• Is precise and can work in a structured way (including documentation);
• Has a good command of the English language in speech and writing;
• Experience with optical fiber optic systems is a plus
• Willing to learn a lot in a short time;
• Excited to work in a constantly developing environment ;
• Not easily frustrated when things are not going according to plan;
• Fulltime available;
• Looking for a long-term commitment.
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 50 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.