Do you want to be a part of the revolution in regenerative medicine and drug development?
Do you have an affinity with the life sciences and nanotechnology?
Are you looking for both a commercial and a technical challenge? Look no further!
OPTICS11 Life is seeking a candidate in the Boston area to sell our high-end products to academia and industry
Optics11 Life www.optics11life.com is a fast-growing company from The Netherlands that manufactures instruments to measure the forces and mechanical properties of soft materials, including biological samples. We are active in many different markets, with customers all over the world. You will be part of a young and enthusiastic team within the Optics11 Life division, working in a challenging international environment, with huge opportunities to grow. You will be field-based operating across a defined West Coast region, with support from our U.S. office in Cambridge, MA.
The key activities of a Life Science Sales Representative:
- Developing new potential clients and nurturing existing clients to build and maintain a strong pipeline for Optics11 Life’s mechanobiology solutions
- Developing and executing business and territory plans to deliver agreed targets
- Collaborate and coordinate with Applications Team to provide technical expertise and instrument demonstrations
- Attend and positively represent Optics11 Life at trade shows, seminars, user meetings and other customer events
- Use and update CRM system on a daily basis to maintain accurate forecast information
- Support development of marketing material including brochures, application notes, product data sheets and technical presentations
- Driving opportunities through the sales process by providing correctly fitting solutions
Do you have what it takes:
- Minimum science, technology or busness Bachelors Degree
- Has direct Scientific Sales experience
- Has a combination of technical, scientific and commercial attributes.
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- Is able to bridge the gap between potential customers working in various disciplines in the Life Sciences, and our high-tech measurement instruments
- Proven record of generating new business by actively approaching potential customers
- Provide creative solutions for researchers dealing with complex questions in Life Sciences
- Willingness to travel in the United States (minimum 50%)
- The candidate must be currently located in the United States
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of Optics11 Life in the US and to develop your soft- and technical skills
- Being part of a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team with opportunities for promotion
- Flat hierarchy, short decision lines, big impact
- Freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your work
- Receive full internal sales and technical training
Optics11 Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Optics11 Life does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About the company:
Optics11 was founded in 2011 as a university spin-off. With a promising unique technology based on optical fiber sensing, a first product was built in 2012: an extremely sensitive measurement device that could break new ground in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Since then many more unique sensing products were developed and put in the market. The company now has two business units serving different markets with different products: Optics11 Life and Optics11 Industrial Sensing. The company is now growing rapidly and employs over 70 professionals, with an installed base of successful products all over the world.